BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun Friday Foto: Childhood Toys

There are a group of people on facebook that are doing photo blogs also. Some are posting everyday and some are only doing weekly, like me. They wanted to do something fun together so started Fun Foto Fridays. Basically, we will all take a picture of the same theme and link them up together. This week's theme is: Favorite Childhood Character or Toy.

This theme brought me to my forgotten box of memories in the attic. My mom made a Raggedy Ann doll for me when I was little. She made a new one for Princess P last year too. Mine is all old and stained from the years of love and, more recently, neglect, while P's is bright and new and full of possibilities. I found this quote online that I thought was fitting:


A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future.  ~Author Unknown

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love them..

365 by K.O.S. Photography said...

I always wanted red hair because of those dolls! SERIOUSLY!

CapturedMomentsbyRACHEL said...

awww great pictures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes.. so many years ago... :) You were so excited when you opened this gift at 2 yr.. and said "There you are Raggedy!"
Really love you and Miss P in the background.. you are so talented.. I'm very proud... love you, Mom

Nicolle said...

That is precious and I love the quote. I had a Raggedy Ann doll too. I wish I still had her.

Dawn said...

So sweet!

Hey, I'd like the info on this foto fun thing.

Unknown said...

Hey Dawn, it is a group of photographers that are doing a project 365 (or 52) this year...we have a group of fb: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=ts&gid=232089574931
Check it out :)

Sandra said...

Aw, what a great shot, great quote and a great mom to make that for you and one for your daughter. It's so touching.

Shay said...

Totally have a big lump in my throat! :( SWEET!

Brandy said...

Love it, Leslie!!

Tess said...

I love that quote, but I was always creeped out by Raggedy Ann and Andy. I know, I'm weird! :)

Amanda said...

Great post!